Lit Statistics

Darkniciad

I've been tracking both themed contests at Lit and my own numbers for a while now.

Here's a link to the main tracking page:

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/lit_stats_home.htm

The boy was acting up, so I decided to do this quarter's tracking before the summer contest, because it was skewed last year when I did it sort of mid-stream with several stories in the contest.

As of today, I have:

An average score of 4.67 on 164 submissions, a total of 20,329 votes, 3,826,280 views, 1115 Public Comments, 260 story favorites, and 1,619,317 words.

Some of my stories as Dark are beginning to reach the new all-time toplist thresholds and reappearing. Under the old system, many of my stories as Dark were on the all-time toplist, but most vanished when the new 100 vote threshold was put in place.

For a few days, Danica Epilogue was #3 when it reached 100 votes. Of course, that drew a lot of attention, and it has since fallen several places, as well as seeing the scores for the whole story suffer *laugh* I'm sure that was partially new readers casting honest votes, but you can bet your ass there were a few troll votes in there as well, thanks to the position in the toplist.

Now that the young one has chilled, I'm going to try to get back to writing.

• 2 months later...

Just did another quarterly track.

As of today, I have:

An average score of 4.68 on 169 submissions, a total of 25,045 votes, 4,231,585 views, 1239 Public Comments, 376 story favorites, and 1,659,334 words.

Danica Epilogue is at #6 on the Sci-Fi&Fantasy toplist and #10 out of all stories on the site.

Blackhawk Hall Ch. 06 is at #79 on the Sci-Fi&Fantasy toplist.

Forever of the Wood is at #170 on the Sci-Fi&Fantasy toplist.

Quite a few of my chain stories are on that toplist ( but, it's pretty small. Half the stories in the category make that list! *laugh* )

I believe one LST3K ( Ho, Ho, Hos ) is on the toplist, but it has the worst score of all of them

If the score doesn't drop, Danica 09 is 4 votes from making the toplist. Danica 18,19, & 20, SOTM 02, and To Catch a Merchant Princess 06 are all within 10 votes. Many more are in the 10-20 vote range. Others could easily climb in score enough to make the toplists.

That doesn't mean I want anybody to vote more than once to push them over the top, though :P All that's likely to accomplish is getting ALL of your votes erased by the Lit vote sweeper. 1 story(chapter), 1 vote!

Unlike last time, my scores as Dark actually climbed, despite moving up on the toplists.

It's been a very smile-inducing quarterly track.

I'm writing on SOTM Ch. 18 right now, BTW ;)

• 2 months later...

New quarterly track is up. The big news is nearly 10,000 votes in the last 3 months :D

Link is in the first post of the thread if you want to check it out, or check out my tracks of Literotica's themed contests. I'm currently tracking the Valentine's contest, which will go up on the page as soon as the contest is over.

• 3 months later...

Quarterly stat check is done ( link to the page in earlier posts )

The May track is where I do annual totals, and here they are.

Across all three pen names I have added:

135,098 Words in new stories

18,206 New Votes

1,684,412 New Views

399 New PCs

517 New Story Favorites

• 2 months later...

Some may have noticed that the contest tracks have vanished. The reason is that the effort required is just getting to be too much for the return.

On a brighter note, I looked at the sci-fi&fantasy toplist for the first time in quite a while tonight, and a whole lot of stories are popping back in there. When they moved the minimum to 100, almost everything dropped off. Now, my stuff is getting up to that new bar and popping back in, which explains the recent rise in reads and favorites, despite not putting anything out recently as Dark.

Hope to remedy that very soon with 9 chapters of Lowborn, and hopefully a new chapter of SOTM while Lowborn is posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight was the night I decided to run the quarterly track.

As of right now I have an average score of 4.68 with a median of 4.70. That's on 36,896 votes and 5,256,639 views with 1473 Public Comments and 719 Story Favorites.

Currently, I have 1,741,024 words worth of submissions to Lit. That doesn't count "Sister's Shadow" which is only posted on Storiesonline, or any of the numerous "Lost Work" and "Ancient Stories" posted here on the website.

Soon, I hope it won't be including short stories posted exclusively to the website as well :)

Link is up in earlier posts, if you want to see the individual breakdown.

As usual, several stories as Dark creeping toward 100 votes where they have a chance to pop into the toplist. Several have since the last quarterly track. Many thanks to everyone who reads, votes, comments, or favorites one of my stories.

• 2 months later...

Quarterly tracking time again. Link to the full stats is up in earlier posts.

As of right now I have an average score of 4.68 with a median of 4.69. That's on 38,458 votes and 5,532,787 views with 1523 Public Comments and 812 Story Favorites.

Currently, I have 1,781,459 words worth fo submissions to Lit, which doesn't include stories exclusive to other story websites or my own website.

More stories creeping over the 100 vote barrier where they can potentially appear in the toplist. Thanks for the votes, as always!

Hoping to wrap up Lowborn soon so I can add another 45k or so words to my total. Have a couple of other half finished multi-part stories that will crank the number up, too. Should pass the million eight barrier soon.

Decided to start tracking the other sites where I post as well. Added sections to the ( now wrongly titled ) Lit Stats Home page.

At SOL, I have 9,459k worth of stories posted, which is a little over a million seven figured at 180 words per K. SOL figures it at 200, but that seemed to way overestimate from my own, known totals. I suppose I could have just taken the known totals and recorded them, but I was feeling lazy.

As of this first track, I'm holding a real average of 8.53 and a real median of 8.49 across all three pen names. This doesn't figure in the TPA votes, because that just felt like too much work. Laz is going to roll those into the real average ( that only authors can see ) soon anyway. It will throw off the second track in February, but after that, they'll all be working from the same base.

The visible score -- the one SOL calculates with its strange formula -- is averaging at 7.13 with a median of 7.11. Considering what I see when paging through the new list every so often, I think I'm doing pretty well. Most stories seem to fall in the 6s, if they get enough votes for a score at all. Readership at SOL really seems to be tailing off from its highest point a few years ago.

I'm averaging 166 votes per story with a median of 133. I have little doubt that this is going to drop as time moves on because of the readership drop I've been seeing there. The total number of votes across all three pen names is 16,910.

Downloads is another place where SOL does some weird mathmatical magic. The downloads displayed in public on chapter stories are calculated by some weird formula that I can't fathom. It's not a sum of the total downloads, nor is it an average. I have no idea what it is, frankly. What I can tell you is that this formula is the reason long multi-chapter stories have even more of an advantage at SOL than they do at Lit. The formula dramatically increases the download numbers on multi-chapter stories versus one shots, which have direct download figures.

So, I have two sets of numbers for downloads. The first uses the public figures, which I think are inflated on chapter stories. The second uses a median of the download numbers for the individual chapters of those stories, and the actual download totals for one-shots.

Using public numbers, I'm averaging 2800 downloads per story with a median of 1915 across all three pen names. As with votes, I expect this number to drop as time moves on, unless SOL has a revival of readership. That comes up to a total of 285,559.

Using my median calculation, I'm averaging 2187 downloads per story with a median of 1767. To me, that feels much more accurate to reality. This comes up to a total of 223,108.

For those from other sites: SOL is a membership only site ( although free ) You have to have an account to read full stories or vote, which decreases the number of downloads and votes, but does dramatically increase the vote per download percentages. If you look at Lit and what I'll be posting from my third site in a minute, you'll see those percentages are under 1%.

At SOL ( depending upon which view numbers I use ) I'm pulling in 5.92% or 7.58% votes per download. That's 1 in 13 or 1 in 17 readers actually voting, as compared to 1 in 165 or something similar on Lit.

SOL doesn't have public comments, and I don't have enough story favorites to bother tracking.

On the third site, I've only been posting there since early this year, and I'm only posting under my third name. My stories as Les and Dark just don't seem to be a good fit there ( overall. Some would work quite well, I believe ) and they don't have the ability to register multiple pen names anyway.

There, I'm averaging 42 votes per story with a median of 37 and a total of 1285. Considering most stories don't seem to break 10 votes, I think I'm doing pretty well.

I'm averaging 7017 views per story with a median of 6585 and a total of 217,528. You can see the dramatic effect of open public viewing right here, as my one pen name has almost as many views as all three pen names have downloads at SOL, in less than a year.

You can also see the dramatic decrease in votes per view, as it's about .65%

It's a toss-up which is better, which is why I end up posting across multiple sites for maximum feedback.

My average score is 4.78 with a median of 4.76. I haven't really had time to do any serious comparisions there, but it seems to be pretty good amongst the group of stories that breaks the 10-15 vote barrier. You almost never see anything below a 4 voted there -- or at least I don't. Scores are even more inflated than at Literotica.

I believe this is due to the ability of authors to require a comment when voting ( I don't ), and that in the past ( if I'm reading correctly ) there was a universal policy of requiring a comment to vote a 3 or below. So, people are used to voting either 4 or 5, or not voting at all.

I'm averaging about 7 comments per story, which seems pretty good, with a total of 223 comments to date.

This site does track story favorites, and I have quite a few, but I decided not to track them this time out.

What it boils down to is that I seem to perform a little above average no matter where I post my stories. I'm no Mark Twain, but people seem to enjoy my stuff. That's where I've always seen myself, and the numbers seem to confirm that.

• 6 months later...

Just did an update on my stats at Lit.  I was a month late last quarter, so it's a little short this quarter.  It's also May, when I do my yearly recap ( because May was my first quarterly track )  And here's what the stats look like:

68,474 Words in new stories               12,607 Votes               1,596,763 Views               243 PCs               453 Story Favorites

With Lowborn most likely posting soon, I'll already be 9/10ths of the way to the word count with a single story this year *laugh*

Storiesonline just completely revamped the way they handle scores...  Again.  I don't think I'm going to ass with tracking those more than once a year.  SOL seems like it's dying a slow death, anyway.  It seems like every time I post a new story, it's getting fewer downloads and views than the last.

May go and do a track on Lushstories, though.  It's going to look pretty pitiful with the zero and low vote Dark stories I've posted there, but oh well!  It's obvious that going with my RR pen name there was the right choice, because those shorter, almost pure stroke stories are what seems to be the preferred thing there.

Anyway, if you want to check out more about my stats, the link is up there in an earlier post somewhere.  *laugh*

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Quarterly track for November is up.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_11_02_13.htm

6594 votes, 601,630 views, 75 PCs, 251 story favorites.

Also made the top 250 authors list as Reject Reality recently.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/favauthorsv2.php

I've been hovering somewhere in the 215-220 range on the list.  Odds are that I'll move up whenever my muse comes back to me and I can get a couple more stories out.  Many thanks to everyone who has favorited me.  As of this moment, that's 734 :D

Got curious and went back to the first track.  Since I started tracking in May 2010 ( Nov. 2010 for favs ):

Scores have stayed on an even keel the whole time.

Average votes up by 227.  Median by 102.  Total up by 50,895.

Average views up by 21,992.  Median by 11840.  Total up by 5,434,478

Average PCs up by 3.44.  Median by 3.0.  Total up by 1030.

Average Favs up by 7.04.  Median by 2.0.  Total up by 1478.

• 2 months later...

Quarterly track is up:

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_02_01_14

Overall, I'm up 2,087 votes, 340,970 views, 51 PCs, and 253 favorites this quarter.  Scores are mostly the same, with the median dropping by .01.  Not too shabby for a quarter where I put out no new work. ( At least on Lit )

The big news out of this one is the huge jump in favorites as Darkniciad.  Despite not putting out any work in a couple of quarters, I jumped 75 favorites this quarter.  That's primarily on the back of Danica: Epilogue making it back to near the top of the Sci-Fi&Fantasy toplist, and having a good showing on the All-Time toplist as well.

• 3 months later...

Latest quarterly track is up.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_05_02_14.htm

It's time for the annual roundup since last May, which is:

132,207 words in new stories, 20,093 votes, 1,897,276 views, 294 public comments, 1017 story favorites

Another big jump in Dark favorites :)  Almost as many as RR, which is saying something.

Added another little section this time that tracks the word count of stories that are exclusive to one site or another.  Adding all those exclusive stories to my Lit word count brings me up to 1,979,044.  If I can get my act together, I could very well surpass 2 million words soon.

If I counted the ancient stories from the "Genesis" section of the "About Me" page, and the "Lost Work" section of the "My Work Extras" page, I would be over that 2 million, but I consider those "unpublished" even though they're available here, and some are complete stories. 

• 3 months later...

The latest track is up.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_08_02_14.htm

Scores stayed even.   Up 1583 votes, 337,825 views, 26 PCs, and 202 Favs.

Sort of a slow quarter, but there were also a lot of contest sweeps from catching up the monthly contests.  That cancelled out a lot of new votes.

Edging ever closer to 10 million views and 2 million words.

• 3 months later...

Tracking time again:

http://darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_11_02_14.htm

There was a massive sweep of the Sci-Fi & Fantasy category this quarter.  For the first time since I stated tracking, my vote totals as Dark went down.  My average score is up, but I estimate I lost 700+ votes across all my stories in the category this quarter.

Somebody was really trying to beat down the competition.

Despite that, I'm up 3338 votes, 492,644 views, 68 PCs, and 330 favs for the quarter.

I also moved up to #195 on the all-time favorite authors list as RejectReality with 971 author favorites, breaking into the top 200.

Between Lit, SOL, Lush, and my website ( all have exclusives not available elsewhere, though everything except the Royal Sacrifice series is available as an Ebook in my downloads section ) I just broke the 2 million word mark.

• 3 months later...

And, it's tracking time again.

http://darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_02_04_15.htm

Sweeps for the monthly contests took a serious bite from my vote totals across the board.  Fortunately, that nightmare is almost over.  The monthly contests are almost caught up, so I don't have to worry about 3-4 huge sweeps per month for those in addition to normal sweeps -- only one.

Naturally, my lack of activity has also hurt my stats.  Haven't put out any new stories in three months.

My scores are basically even.  Votes are up by 2-3 on average, 681 in total.  Views are up a little over a grand on average, 348,794 in total.  PCs are up by 20.  Favs are up by 179. 

• 2 months later...

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_05_01_15.htm

Latest track is done, and it's May, so it's time for the annual rundown.

66,795 words in new stories               7759 votes               1,476,151 views               147 comments              

987 story favorites

Not getting many new stories out hurt the numbers.  So did the large number of sweeps for the backlogged monthly contests.  At least I'm back to gaining votes every quarter, unlike the last two or three LOL

I'm over 2 million words and 10 million views.

Lost a little ground on the all-time favorite author list due to not getting anything out as RR recently.  Sitting right at #200 now.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/lush_stats_05_15.htm

Updated my Lush stats.  I'm going to start doing this quarterly as well.  It's shocking how many votes, favs, and comments you lose there from people removing their accounts.

That's nothing compared to the massive anonymous vote purge that happened a while back, though.  Some of my oldest stories lost half of their votes.

Otherwise, since the last stat posting, I've added a shitload of new stories and removed all the incest ones.  I could probably change all of them to "step" and repost them in the taboo category, but... Meh.

Pushing close to a million views there, which puts me close to 11 million overall.  I'll see what it looks like once I add in the SOL downloads.

Tomorrow, I'll likely do the same with Storiesonline, and also continue to update it quarterly from now on.  I'll probably remove the "median views" and "wordcount" columns.  The first because it's to annoying to update, and the second because it's irrelevant.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_sol_05_02_15.htm

And there's the new stat track for SOL.

Half a million downloads and almost 20k votes.

SOL has been messing with how stats are calculated and displayed hardcore over the last few years.  It seems to have stabilized now, so hopefully the track-to-track changes will mean something now.

Many of my older stories ( mainly those with multiple chapters ) lost as much as half their votes since the last time I tracked my SOL stats. ( which was in 2012, but I decided not to add it to the page for reasons I can't remember )

I strongly suspect the now-defunct TPA score votes were completely eradicated, rather than being transferred over into normal votes, as was originally explained.  Oh well.

The constant shake-ups at Lush and SOL are the biggest reason why I haven't kept up with those tracks the same way I have for Lit.  We'll see if that's changed now.

• 2 months later...

Just dropping a note here for my own convenience.  My current place on the top 250 authors' list is 202 with 1071 favorites.  I'm curious to see if/how much the story released today moves me.  If I finish the second Nude Day story I'm working on, that one will be even more interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

The new quarterly tracks are up:

Lit: http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_08_01_15.htm

SOL: http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_sol_08_01_15.htm

Lush: http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/lush_stats_08_15.htm

It looks like I might just earn the Millionaire's badge at Lush before the next quarter starts :)

• 3 months later...

New quarterly tracks are up.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_11_03_15.htm

I have a combined 1537 new votes, 235,467 new views, 20 new PCs, and 196 story favorites in this quarter.  Not bad for a quarter where I didn't put out any new stories.  I dropped a couple of places with RR on the All-Time Favorite Author list to 198 with 1153 author favorites.  But, again, that's not bad considering I didn't put out any new stories this quarter.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/All_3_Names_sol_11_03_15.htm

At SOL I'm up 553 votes and 15,803 downloads.  Forgot to check the difference in library, though I think it stayed about even.

http://www.darkniciad.com/hotlink_pics/lush_stats_11_15.htm

At Lush I'm up 29 votes, 49,757 views, 3 PCs, and 14 Favs.  Considering how many people delete their accounts and take their votes/etc. with them, that's not bad.  It's been nothing unusual for those stats to drop every time at Lush.

I also got the Millionaire's Badge for exceeding a million total views on my stories there.

"Boned" is 22,200 views from achieving "Legendary Story" status at 100k.  It's still #2 on the popular list and on Page 1 of the viewed list for the MILF category, so as long as I don't get too many 4s, and things continue as they are, it will make it there in a little over a year.

If I'd put out some more MILF stories, it would probably get there quicker.

That would add to my "Famous Story", "Millionare", "Author 100", "Editor's Pick", "Recommended Read", and "Competition Runner-Up" badges there :)

• 3 months later...

Having trouble finding the time and motivation to get the tracks done this quarter.  I've finished the Lit and SOL ones now, but still have the Lush one to do.  The links up yonder can lead you to the stat page index, where you can find them until I finish the one for Lush and make the quarterly post.