#21 OFFLINE   Reject Reality

Reject Reality

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAlternate Reality

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

What bothers me the most is that she knows how Skye feels about Coulson, and everything in the preparation ( the foreshadowing of the scientist with the crystal, preparing Cal with his formula, etc. ) indicates that if Coulson had been sitting in that chair, her plan was the same.

I think I like the character too much for her to take on such an adversarial role :P  I also prefer the episodes where Ward is working with the team in some way shape or form for the same reason.

Some shocks are just a tad bit too much for me, I guess LOL  Up to that point, there were all sorts of positives.  The opening was funny and brilliant.  Tying into Age of Ultron once again naturally tickled me.  You know something all those teeming masses in the theater don't.  They have no idea Coulson pointed the Avengers to the scepter.  They also have no idea about the thing in the climax that I won't mention because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

( I just got back a couple of hours ago from my second viewing :) )

One thing people absolutely need to learn is not to watch episodes of AOS that follow the release of a new movie until they've seen the movie.  The tie-in here wasn't as big as it was with Winter Soldier, but it's still a reasonably significant spoiler.

Just noticed in my second viewing that the Shield agent with the most screen time ( other than the big two, of course ) was the same guy from Winter Soldier who wouldn't launch the Helicarriers on "Captain's orders".  That was a nice touch :) 

This will most likely be something similar to my experience with Iron Man III.  That revelation of the Mandarin completely destroyed my immersion, and I barely remember anything after that from my theater viewing.  It's only after repeat viewings ( and the Marvel One-Shot "Hail to the King" ) that I've been able to enjoy that movie.

The next time I watch my way through the whole series again, I'm sure I'll be less reactionary.

#22 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

Holy.  Fucking.  Shit.

LOL

Well, that solves my problems with the last episode.  The context overwhelms the build-up and justifies it completely.

Not going to say anything else because anything and everything else is spoilers.  In a couple of days.

The finale had a lot to say, and so do I.

It's going to be a long wait, but at least we know the mid-season break is going to be covered by Agent Carter again next year.  W00t!

#23 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

Check the new Bus!

Can't wait for Tuesday!

#24 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:18 PM

Fitz at the end of the first episode was frikkin' epic!  I honestly don't know if I've seen a better portrayal of desperate rage.  His face in that final scream...  Damn.

Then we come around to tonight's episode, and once again it's Fitz and Simmons stealing the show.

Won't say anything in case anyone hasn't watched the episode yet, but the whole scene with them is brilliance from start to finish. 

#25 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

This season is one "Holy Shit" moment after another.  The end of tonight's episode was a big one for me.  I kind of saw Lash coming, but I never expected that.

Didn't say anything after the previous episode because -- as good as it was -- I love Fitz and Simmons together.  I know there has to be tension for a relationship to be interesting, but I really don't want this third player to be it.

Tonight's episode kind of said to me that what happened there was because of the situation she was in -- thinking she might never get home.  She feels compelled to go back and get him, but it's not necessarily because of the relationship they had.  It's just because that's who she is.  She helps people.  That's what she's all about.  Now that she's back home, with Fitz, where she belongs...

I'm kind of on the fence about Ward this season.  I don't know if he's really pulling off the big bad thing.  He seems more like a low-level thug.  He's not getting much in the way of screen time, either.  He seemed way more devious and dangerous last season when he was acting on his own, and not trying to build his own unauthorized branch of Hydra.

The one way I can see that going that will bring him back to the place where he was last season is for Hydra to betray him.  Having Ward as a spoiler who is just as likely to take on Hydra as he is Shield seems like a good fit for the character, and the way Brett has been portraying him.  It's where he shined his brightest last season in episodes like the Dirty Half Dozen and those that followed.

Come to think of it, that seems to be the way they're going.

All that aside, this was a great May episode, the same way the previous one was a great Simmons episode.

I can also get on board with a Daisy/Lincoln relationship.  They've had good chemistry since their first appearance together.  It could also serve as a serious flashpoint for Ward.  No matter how much he downplayed his feelings for her last season ( and the fact that she shot him several times LOL ) I think he's still obsessed with her.  Seeing her sucking face with Lincoln would probably send him over the edge, which is when he's at his most interesting.

I do think the cast is too big, though.  Nobody is really getting enough screen time.  The proposed spin-off would be a great way to pare things down.  I think Bobbie and Hunter could carry a show.  I'm up in the air about which way Mack should go.  He honestly seems like he's more connected to the regular cast, and filling the hole left when we lost Trip, who was in turn filling the hole left by losing Ward.

Now that I just typed that, I want Mack to stay with the team.  LOL  Let Bobbie and Hunter bring in some new players.

And the good thing is, when the dreaded winter break hits, we can once again look forward to Agent Carter rather than sitting around on Tuesday's counting the weeks until AoS returns.

Counting down to the digital release of Ant Man and the Netflix release of Jessica Jones as well.  As good as Daredevil was, I have high hopes for Jessica Jones.

And, of course, there's Deadpool next year.  And Civil War.  And X-Men Apocalypse.  And Dr. Strange.

It's truly the golden age of Marvel characters on the big and small screen.  I'm sure they'll burn it out eventually ( considering we're going to be getting three movies a year from Marvel Studios alone soon ) but for now, it's time for all us old comic book nerds to ride the wave.

#26 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

Oh shit...  They're teasing the kiss heard round the MCU.

Tweaking for tomorrow night's episode.  At least Ant-Man hits my Amazon tomorrow as well, so I'll have at least a couple of hours of distraction.

#27 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:47 PM

Close enough LOL

They have to keep the tension in there, I know.  Seeing that it's undoubtedly mutual is close enough.  I'm sitting there thinking, you'd better kiss him back.  You'd better kiss him...  There it is!

Nice twist with the head of the ACTU.  Glad about it really, because I like her.

I'm also enjoying the way they're expanding on Hydra.  It's been a long time since I read the comics, so I have no idea if this has it's origin in any of the book canon.  If not, it's an interesting way to distinguish the MCU from the core Marvel Universe.

Ward was much better in this episode.  Bobbie's new tech with her batons is cool.  Most likely Stark tech, very similar to that used on Cap's Shield for AoU.  It's nice to see a little classic Skye from Daisy, which helped cover that she was one of the cast with skimpy screen time this episode.  Same for Mac.  Gave us a taste of his no-bullshit, question everything.

Previews for the next episode looking good.  There are at least two more episodes before the winter break.

The teaser for Agent Carter made me smile as well.  I love the original Jarvis as much as I do Tony's digital version.

Not really used to Friday yet, and undoubtedly prefer Jarvis' dry wit.  I know we still have him in Vision, but it's not quite the same.

Anyway, tickled by the episode, and Ant-Man was just as good the second time around.

#28 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:34 AM

Well, if AoS is going to take a week off, I'd say this is fair compensation.

Looking damn good.  Already getting a Winter Soldier feel, and I still consider it to be the best MCU movie to date.

And if this is as good as Winter Soldier, we're looking at the same directors for Infinity War. Hell to the yes.

#29 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

Damn, that bar scene at the end of this week's episode.

I don't think there was a lot of acting going on there.  That all looked really genuine to me.  Major heart-strings moment.

Looking forward to what they do with the spin-off.

#30 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:43 PM

Bow chikka wow-wow.

The FitzSimmons boot knocking was played so perfectly.  Then there was the professional disagreement immediately followed by assurance that such things weren't going to affect their relationship.  Perfect.

That effect when Lincoln injected himself wowed me.  Can't really say why, but it did.  It looked really natural to me.  I didn't get a CGI vibe from it at all.

And now, off to my non-spoiler Civil War post.

#31 OFFLINE   Darkniciad

Darkniciad

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 375 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

Been a minute...  Stories weren't the only thing I didn't feel like writing for  quite some time there.

How about that finale?   Coulson Ghost Rider!  And, surprise, surprise, he has another secret.

Looks like we've revealed next season's base as well.

Quite enjoyed the season, although I'd have probably been happier if they stuck with Ghost Rider through the whole season.  The first half of the season was super strong because of it, and it's what made the finale.  I really hope they bring him back frequently.

Yes, I'm fairly certain they're getting at least one more season.

I really wish they'd go back to direct connections between everything, though.  Like Sam Jackson in Season 1 and Siff's appearances.  They don't have to go crazy with it, but maybe have Coulson pop up somewhere in Netflix.  Clark Gregg seems like the kind of guy who would go out of his way to make it happen, because he knows how much the fans would appreciate it.

Just the tiniest little things would bring everything back together and make it feel more like what they've been saying from the beginning... "It's all connected."

And how about a Stan Lee Cameo in AOS for pete's sake?  For that matter, let's get real cameos from him on Netflix.  Not just photos in the background.

Come on Marvel.  If you can cut deals with bitter rivals like Sony and Fox, surely to hell you can cut a deal for some small crossover cameos between the T.V. and movie side and fly Stan Lee out for a few days.

#32 OFFLINE   Reject Reality

Reject Reality

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAlternate Reality

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:18 PM

Just a quick, WOOT WOOT!

Agents of Shield Season 6 just wrapped shooting, and was immediately renewed for Season 7!

AOS until at least 2020 :D

At least there's some good news after losing Stan Lee.  :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: t.v., marvel, comic book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users