Agents of Shield

Darkniciad

Close enough LOL

They have to keep the tension in there, I know.  Seeing that it's undoubtedly mutual is close enough.  I'm sitting there thinking, you'd better kiss him back.  You'd better kiss him...  There it is!

Nice twist with the head of the ACTU.  Glad about it really, because I like her.

I'm also enjoying the way they're expanding on Hydra.  It's been a long time since I read the comics, so I have no idea if this has it's origin in any of the book canon.  If not, it's an interesting way to distinguish the MCU from the core Marvel Universe.

Ward was much better in this episode.  Bobbie's new tech with her batons is cool.  Most likely Stark tech, very similar to that used on Cap's Shield for AoU.  It's nice to see a little classic Skye from Daisy, which helped cover that she was one of the cast with skimpy screen time this episode.  Same for Mac.  Gave us a taste of his no-bullshit, question everything.

Previews for the next episode looking good.  There are at least two more episodes before the winter break.

The teaser for Agent Carter made me smile as well.  I love the original Jarvis as much as I do Tony's digital version.

Not really used to Friday yet, and undoubtedly prefer Jarvis' dry wit.  I know we still have him in Vision, but it's not quite the same.

Anyway, tickled by the episode, and Ant-Man was just as good the second time around.

Well, if AoS is going to take a week off, I'd say this is fair compensation.

Looking damn good.  Already getting a Winter Soldier feel, and I still consider it to be the best MCU movie to date.

And if this is as good as Winter Soldier, we're looking at the same directors for Infinity War. Hell to the yes.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bow chikka wow-wow.

The FitzSimmons boot knocking was played so perfectly.  Then there was the professional disagreement immediately followed by assurance that such things weren't going to affect their relationship.  Perfect.

That effect when Lincoln injected himself wowed me.  Can't really say why, but it did.  It looked really natural to me.  I didn't get a CGI vibe from it at all.

And now, off to my non-spoiler Civil War post.

• 1 year later...

Been a minute...  Stories weren't the only thing I didn't feel like writing for  quite some time there.

How about that finale?   Coulson Ghost Rider!  And, surprise, surprise, he has another secret.

Looks like we've revealed next season's base as well.

Quite enjoyed the season, although I'd have probably been happier if they stuck with Ghost Rider through the whole season.  The first half of the season was super strong because of it, and it's what made the finale.  I really hope they bring him back frequently.

Yes, I'm fairly certain they're getting at least one more season.

I really wish they'd go back to direct connections between everything, though.  Like Sam Jackson in Season 1 and Siff's appearances.  They don't have to go crazy with it, but maybe have Coulson pop up somewhere in Netflix.  Clark Gregg seems like the kind of guy who would go out of his way to make it happen, because he knows how much the fans would appreciate it.

Just the tiniest little things would bring everything back together and make it feel more like what they've been saying from the beginning... "It's all connected."

And how about a Stan Lee Cameo in AOS for pete's sake?  For that matter, let's get real cameos from him on Netflix.  Not just photos in the background.

Come on Marvel.  If you can cut deals with bitter rivals like Sony and Fox, surely to hell you can cut a deal for some small crossover cameos between the T.V. and movie side and fly Stan Lee out for a few days.

• 1 year later...