Sisters of the Mists

TALLMAN

Up to 2500 words on Ch. 20, so about 1/4 of the standard chapter length.  Finished a Danica and Marlena scene and got started on one that transitions from the Manor with the witches three to a Celes-only scene.  I'm at that transition point now.  After that scene is Danica and Marlena again.  Following that is Andrea.  Only have the ending scene fully planned out beyond that.  Have to see how much room is left in the chapter once all the planned scenes are written.

Had a flash of inspiration for an RR story for the Lushstories "Pure Filth" contest, so I took some time out from SOTM to write that.  I've already finished the first draft, so I may yet get some SOTM written this weekend.  That's going to depend upon the boy offering me some quiet time, though.  Not exactly a likely prospect.  LOL

I've been musing the next couple of scenes at work, and they're pretty clear to me.  Celes is in for several revelations, and perhaps a little clarity as well.  Danica and Marlena are going to discover that they aren't the only ones watching the Emperor.  Andrea and Turner are going to have their first couple's tiff at the worst possible moment.

Stay tuned :)

Got a little more done today.  Closing in on 3500 words, and still working on that Celes scene.  This is still part of the transition that gets me to the meat of the scene.  The way it looks, this scene is probably going to take me over the halfway mark.

I'll try to get a little more done tomorrow, though I have an idea for the Nude Day contest at Lit I'd like to write, and at some point, I'll have to do the final work for a story I finished for the "Pure Filth" contest at Lush.  I just sent it off for editing.

Still moving forward, even if it is a bit slow.

Made it a smidgen over 4k words before the young one got too loud for me to think.  Other than a couple of sentences, I'm done with the transition and getting ready to start the main thrust of this Celes scene.  It will easily carry the chapter over the halfway mark.

Got to where I thought the meat of that Celes scene was going to start.  It does, but I also felt a transition there, so I broke the scene off.  I'm going to move to the next Danica & Marlena scene, then come back to Celes, and then move on to Andrea.  Her scene should be late in the day, so passing the time with those other scenes makes sense.

With the way things appear to be progressing, that Andrea scene and the final chapter scene that I'd already come up with before finishing 19 may very well get me up to the average chapter length.

Well, power outages, a water leak, computer problems ( still unsolved and remedied with a redneck duct tape fix while I wait on heatsink adhesive to arrive in the mail ) and the tight timeline for the Nude Day contest kept me from getting anything done this week.

The only good news is that I more or less have the whole rest of the chapter planned out.  I can use the long brainless parts of my day at work to further flesh them out so I'm ready to put them on paper whenever I have writing time.

Well, after getting things finalized to fix my water leak on Monday, installing the replacement parts on my computer, and dealing with a major snafu at work that's going to force me to work on Sunday, I did still manage to get some work done on Ch. 20.  It's just above 5k words now, over the halfway mark of the standard chapter length.

Also figured out the transitions between this scene and the next Celes scene, and the transition between that scene and Andrea's.  It's just a matter of figuring out the transition to the final scene of the chapter after that, I believe.  I'm pretty sure that what's planned will easily make it to 10k words, and possibly more.  Could be a longer than usual chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

This scene was proving sticky for me.  I knew how it was going to play out, but the details just didn't want to work out right.  I finally solved it, but all the backspacing ate up most of my writing time this weekend.  So, I only got a few hundred words I'm happy with down on 'paper'.

So long as work doesn't try to kill me this week, I should be on track to make progress next weekend, though.

Ended up backspacing again, but I've got it this time for sure.  I ended up taking an entirely different path to where I wanted to go, and it worked out much better.  I'm closing in on 6k words now, and near the end of this scene.  Just need to get the transition into the next Celes scene nailed down.

I have a long weekend due to a schedule change at work, so I'm hoping to get through some writing in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been another slow writing week.  Whenever my schedule changes at work every 4 months, it always buggers me up for a while.

I tweaked a few things in that Danica scene, but didn't really move forward this week.  Didn't even manage to do more than read back through the almost complete story I worked on last week as RR.  Just too exhausted to think straight.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a tricky bit near the end of Danica's scene that was giving me fits.  It was the main thing that was stalling progress.  I've been thinking about it while taking a break, and finally worked out a solution.

I just wrote it, and it's working.  So, the next time I have some quiet time ( and it's not so late that I'll start nodding off when trying to visualize ) I can make forward progress again.

Also came up with the next Darkni story that follows "Facing Destiny."  It's called "Gates of Enchantment" and tells how Darkni got started on a couple of important magical pursuits.  It will also set up some important elements for the third story, which will be the final one from his youth.

The next Darkni story after that one will be much later in his life, and will co-star Mindblind.  It will be a sister story of sorts for a Thakkor and Alicia story.  Both of those stories will end in the same bar, and are the launching point for the story of how everyone meets and helps to free first Normandal and then Egoria.

Believe it or not, I'm finally putting pieces in place to bridge that gap between the history tales and the modern Nobles stories.  The freeing of Normandal will be a story on its own.  It starts with Darkni, Mindblind, Thakkor, and Alicia, and by the time the story ends, it will include Christi, Saggitariad, his future wife Carol Darkholme, and Darkni's wife as well.

Those are the people I'm sure will make it in.  It's entirely possible that Vladamir will join the group here as well.  In the actual game, everyone was together from the start, but I've got to write a story here!  LOL

Geflon, Devan, Zoraster ( yes, you read that right ) and others don't enter the story until the freeing of Egoria.

I've had an idea floating around in my head for a short story that will be a website exclusive, and follows shortly after "Lowborn" starring Indigo and the two prostitutes who were going to set up their own brothel in "stingy pussy".

Probably wait on that one until I finish the Celes stories, though.  Having a hard time getting in the right frame of mind for the next installment there, because it centers on her rape.

Finished that Danica scene and found a  good transition into the next.  Got the following Celes scene started, and revealed a secret from her past.  Or rather, a secret her love Anna kept from her in the past.

Chapter's up to about 7k words now.  Almost to the 3/4 mark.  Finally moving forward again :)

Officially at the 7500 word mark.  The way this scene is going, I think this may be a longer than average chapter.  I still need to get to the Andrea scene at the very least, and I'll likely need to come back to Danica and Marlena in order to have the proper transition point to the final scene of the chapter.

I'll probably have a better idea once I've written some more tomorrow.

Well, I said in the shoutbox that I'd get back to this tomorrow, or today if I was lucky.  As it turns out, as soon as I opened the document, replacing the story I just finished, I ended up reading the Celes scene I was working on.  Next thing I know, my fingers are on the keyboard, and the scene is complete.

Just hit 8k words.  On to the next scene with Andrea, which I'm going to go ahead and get started in the few minutes I have before the young one gets home from school.

Up to almost 8500 words, and the Andrea scene is just getting going.  This is a sex scene ( the first in the chapter that doesn't "fade to black" ) so it's going to eat up some wordage.  The chapter is almost certainly going to be longer than average.

I'm getting too tired to close my eyes and visualize without nodding off, but I'm probably going to try to soldier through a couple more paragraphs to make it to that round 8500 number.

Think I have the right mindset and framework to begin that third, darker chapter of the Celes quintet.  I'll likely write the opening scene of it either this "weekend" ( my screwed up schedule, I know it's Monday going on Tuesday ) or next.  That way, I'll have a jumping off point for my memory if it takes me a while to get back to it.  It will be called "From the Hartwell".  I've had the title and cover image for the story for years.

At 9500 words tonight before I got too tired to close my eyes and visualize.  The first "beat" of the scene is done now, the cool down, and the second beat is getting underway.  The end of it isn't going to turn out the way either of them want, and it's going to provide a transition to the next Celes scene, which will have a bit of sex as well, and bring the sister witches all back to the manor.  The end of that scene transitions to Danica and Marlena.

I'm not sure if that will be the penultimate scene, or whether there will be more.  The only thing I'm absolutely certain of beyond the above is what the very last scene of the chapter will be.  Finding a proper transition to that is what will determine everything else.

It's hard to guess exactly how long the chapter is going to be ( considering nearly every scene has been longer than I anticipated ) but I'm thinking at least 12k, and possibly 13k words.

The Andrea scene ended up crossing the average 10k word mark.  LOL

I'm working on the Celes scene that follows now.  It starts a couple of minutes before the Andrea scene ends, and then catches back up.  It should be pretty obvious when you read it.

I'll figure out where to end the chapter after I finish this scene.  It's all a matter of what it takes to transition into the final scene that I already have planned.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a little more done today.  Passed 11k words, and I'm maybe halfway through this Celes scene.  She and Andrea ( and Ashley ) are coming back to the manor at the same time, so their threads merge again when I pick back up.

I'll try to get a little more done tomorrow — possibly even try to do some time management to open up additional writing time tomorrow.  That's provided that what I put in motion last week doesn't require more action this week.  Up to a phone call to determine that.