Beholding Dawn Preview

A quick preview of my upcoming Nude Day story for the Literotica contest ( posting to SOL and Lush not long after )  This is from the unedited first draft, so don't give me too much grief *laugh*

========================

I should have known.

Happy Nude Day, I thought sarcastically as I watched Wendy and Ron walk by, ignoring me as they headed toward the lake.  We’d been the best of friends the last time we saw each other the year before, but Linda had obviously talked to them.

Yep – lucky me.  Over forty with a hot, wild woman five years younger than me.  Going to nudist camps, sex almost every day, threesomes...  It had been a wild couple of years.

I don’t know how long she’d been fucking the neighbor on the side, but when she got caught, she decided for some reason that I’d orchestrated it.  That’s when I learned the hard way that she could go from zero to psycho bitch in nothing flat.

I popped open a beer and wondered for the third time in an hour whether I should just pack up and leave.  But, I had no doubt the news of my hasty departure would reach Linda before I even got home.  There was no way I was going to give her that satisfaction.

Besides, the campground was packed, and I loved the place.  Sprite Lake had more amenities than any nudist camp for a couple hundred miles around.  I saw plenty of fresh faces, and I was determined to enjoy myself.  A pair of attractive blonde women about my age walking by a few seconds later were a good start.  They were in good shape, gravity hadn’t taken much of a toll, and they weren’t shaved bare.  I waved.  They waved back and smiled.

I finished my beer, grabbed another, and headed down to the lake, where everyone was gathering for the Pre-Nude Day festivities.  The well was too deep for Linda to poison it all.

Or so I thought.

I hadn’t counted on how tight-knit the regulars were.  People I recognized but barely knew were staring daggers at me from the moment I reached the shoreline.  It seemed like every time I turned around, the grapevine was sinking its tendrils into someone else.

Within a half hour, I was back in my lawn chair, gritting my teeth at the sounds of merriment.  At that point, it didn’t matter if I left – Linda had won.  I’d had three beers, so for safety’s sake I decided to sit for a couple of hours and grill some lunch before I left.

Imagine my surprise when Ron walked toward my camp a few minutes later.  I tensed, expecting a confrontation, but then saw him nervously look over his shoulder.

“Hey,†he said as he stepped into the campsite.

“Hey.  So, what line has she fed everyone?â€

Ron blew out a long breath and once again looked back toward the path.

“Let’s go behind the RV,†I suggested.

“Sorry,†he said as he followed me.  â€œIt’s just that Wendy doesn’t know I came up here.â€

“I get it.  Happy wife, happy life.  So, what’s the horror story?â€

“She said you got drunk and hit her.â€

My vision flashed red as I growled, “What?  I never laid a hand on her – ever.â€

“She said she had to go to the E.R.â€

“What a load of shit.  I was the one who ended up in the E.R. getting stitches in my forehead because she threw a plate at me.† I pushed my hair out of the way, revealing the scar.  â€œI had to bring the cops with me to get what was left of my stuff out of her house.  She destroyed most of it.â€

“I knew it had to be bullshit.â€

“But Wendy believes it.â€

“Yeah.  Look, I’m sorry.  Bob and Will don’t buy it either, but Wendy has their wives at a boil.â€

I sighed and said, “Well, I can kind of understand it after what Wendy went through with her ex-husband.â€

Ron’s eyes hardened for a moment with that mention, but he shook it off.  â€œWas there a police report in the paper?â€

“From when they showed up that day and the next when I went back for my stuff.â€

“Think you can get those and send them to me?â€

“I hadn’t even thought of that.  The library scans every issue.  I may be able to get one of the guys from work to go and send them to me.â€

Ron snapped his fingers and smiled.  â€œThat might be enough to convince Wendy.  Speaking of which...â€

“Go ahead.  Last thing you need is to get caught talking to me, considering what she believes.â€

“Hang in there, man.â€

He held out his hand and I shook it.  â€œThanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.â€

“No problem.  Sorry about everything.â€

I chuckled half-heartedly.  â€œNot as sorry as I am.  I’ll make a call or two and see if I can get those police reports.â€

“Here’s hoping.â€

Knowing that at least a few of my friends didn’t believe Linda’s lies helped bolster my spirits.  I headed straight into the RV and grabbed my phone.  My friend Carl had the next day off, and said he would go to the library to get me what I needed.

Seeing light at the end of the tunnel, I fired up the grill and decided to stay.  All in all, it wasn’t a bad day.  The sun was shining and the birds were chirping, so I relaxed and enjoyed it.  Ron, Will, and Bob even snuck away from their wives to have a beer with me later that evening.  I knew that if Carl came through, there was a chance I might even be able to socialize with them openly at the big Nude Day party the next day.

I hit the bunk that night with a good buzz and a cautiously optimistic outlook.

It was barely light when I woke up the next morning.  I’m hardly ever up before the sun, but my bladder proved to be a rather effective alarm clock.  It was a long walk to the bathrooms, so I took a brief walk back into the trees to let off the pressure.

Feeling much better, I headed back into the RV.  After a look at the bunk, I opted to grab the coffee pot instead.  The walk in the brisk morning air had chased away the last vestiges of sleep, and watching the sun rise with a good cup of coffee sounded like just the thing.  I had just sat the pot on the camp stove when a flicker of movement in my peripheral vision caused me to turn toward the trail.

Good god, I thought when I saw her.  She had her back turned to me, showing off a perfect little butt bathed in the glow of the rising sun.  From the second my eyes fell on her, I knew she was young.  It was rare to see anyone under thirty at the camp, but this girl had to be college-age.

Blonde hair hung down to the middle of her back, though most of it was pulled over her shoulders.  It was a look I’d seen a lot of times over the last two years, called the Lady Godiva.  A woman with long hair could drape it over her breasts, giving tantalizing glimpses that were even more eye-catching than seeing them fully revealed.

As if in response to my silent wish, she turned, confirming the display that I’d already imagined.  Then my eyes darted downward and I saw something else that tugged my lips into a smile.  Close-cropped blonde hair adorned her mound, shaped into an irregular triangle pointing down.  I’ve never been a big fan of the bare-shaved look.

Blame it on growing up in the 80s.  I like a little bush.

I didn’t dwell on it, naturally.  Even at a camp where everyone is naked all the time, there are limits.  I lifted my gaze as she finished her turn toward me, and got the shock of my life.