Spider-Man Homecoming

Darkniciad

Just got back.  The movie is great :)

The final few minutes of the actual flick ( not end credits ) are incredible.  Without being overly intrusive on Spider-Man, they manage what I consider to be a major plot point for the MCU and a great cameo in one quick scene.

Then there's that last few seconds.  Those are easily on par with "I am Iron Man" and "Avengers, a--"

Keaton is great.  No shocker there.  Holland is a great Peter Parker and a great Spider-Man.  RDJ is on point, of course.  Favreau as Happy Hogan is fun throughout the movie as Tony Stark's point man with the fledgling Spider-Man.  Aunt May.  Ned Leeds.

Some of the visual effects were a bit off.  I think they tried to give Holland a degree of superhuman speed that made it look wonky at times.  It wasn't nearly as seamless as it was in Civil War.

I think the overblown diversification of the cast is worthy of some head-shaking, but I didn't dislike any of the new incarnations because of it.  Really, considering how incredibly well-cast the Sam Rami films were in the regard of bringing the drawings to life with real people, (for the most part... *cough* Topher Grace *cough*) an argument can be made that we've already been given that faithful adaptation, so moving away from it isn't all that stressing.  I give the Gwen Stacey points to Amazing Spider-Man.  That's absolutely the only thing I'll give those two films credit for, though ;)

Ned in particular is great, which is a good thing, because he has a significant role in the movie.

The twist with Liz Allen and her dad was a surprise, but didn't throw me off or take me out of the movie.

Things to do, so I'll stop there.  If you're a fan of Spider-Man, go watch it.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  May even go watch it again next weekend if I don't have too much to do and the available showtimes aren't terrible.  Sometimes they are for second week films in my area.

The Marvel Golden Age continues :D