A nugget from the drafts folder

Darkniciad

Had a power outage.  When it came back on, I went to open back up Wordperfect and SOTM Ch. 20.  I happened to spot something I'd abandoned during my yearlong hiatus because I wasn't happy with it.

Like so many things I abandoned during that period, when I read through it, I couldn't figure out what I thought was wrong with it back then.  It was nearly complete, so I wrote an ending for it, and the first draft is done.

It's called "Little Fuckers" and will be the second in a new ( always planned ) series of stories about the Fey.  The subjects of this story aren't sprites, pixies, or fairies, like "Sylph Esteem" though.  They're gremlins.

Even though there's no direct connection, I've always felt that these stories inhabit the same universe as the Magic of the Wood series.

This one should be coming sometime next week.  It will have plenty of time to simmer before editing by the time my days off get here.  I'll likely post a preview sometime this weekend.

Probably half done with another quickie for Lush as well.  It will probably show up next weekend too ( As RR.  "Little Fuckers" will be a Les Lumens tale )

So, keep your eyes open!