Bugs and Troubleshooting

Darkniciad

If you're having any problems with the website displaying strange things, or something not working at all, please report it in this thread. Any information you can provide such as the page it happened on, the browser you're using, whether you were logged in or not, etc., may help track down the problem. You should be able to attach images directly in posts to provide screen shots of problems. If the image is too large, you may have to crop it, or perhaps provide a link to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This must be a turn-of-the-year thing, because I'm having problems again. ( Just noticed the post date on the last message )

I'm aware of the problems using things such as your User CP ( dropdown not functioning ), shoutbox doesn't work, changing themes, attaching images, etc. I have a support ticket in for that.

Had to apply a patch from the 13th to resolve other issues, even though I downloaded and upgraded to the latest version on the 29th. WTF is up with that? Patching the newest distribution? Why in the name of Alpha Trion is the latest distribution not already patched with something that was released two weeks before?

Still had to do that damn security patch as well. Where is the sense in not applying those to the main distribution?

In addition, the IPS forum is chock to the brim with angry users complaining about a multitude of bugs , and there are my own problems with the jscript ( which appear to be unique )

This latest release appears to have been nothing more than a public beta ( at best ) and I'm not fucking amused.

I will not be upgrading from this point forward until such time as users have had time to figure out whether the release is actually stable and functional. Everything was working just fine prior to the upgrade, and there's nothing in the new features that I care about.

IPS appears to have over-indulged in holiday cheer before this release. Here's hoping they sober up and release something stable next time so I can get this place working properly again... Grrr...

Well, at least the javascript problems were my mistake.  Doesn't explain the need to apply two-week-old patches to the latest distro release, though :P

Everything on the forum should be working properly again.

Not that anybody would have noticed *laugh*  It's been too long since I had a consistent set of story releases to draw people in ( other than to RR, and even my writing/releases there have slowed down of late )

Still not upgrading again until new versions have had plenty of time to simmer and all the bugs to get coughed up and fixed.

• 11 months later...

This is as much of a note to myself as anything.  The cover images on the RR Hot Shorts section need to be set up to default to "on" rather than "off" as they do on the Dark side of the site.

Lazy me all but copied the code from the Dark Shorts section of the page, and forgot to account for that.