Darkniciad

Just finished Daredevil on Netflix.  Marvel knocked another one out of the park.

The whole inciting incident of the series is tied to the Battle of New York. ( Avengers )

You have a few other casual references to the larger MCU that don't overwhelm the narrative of the story, but remind you that you're in the Marvel Universe.

There's even a minor tie-in with Agents of Shield, in that Crusher Creel plays a part in Daredevil's origin story.  It's a nice touch, and one that I caught in an early episode before it was actually revealed.

Because it's on Netflix, they don't have to pull the punches that AOS or the MCU do.  People bleed.  People die.  It's far more graphic, and the action is excellent.

The portrayals of both Matt Murdock and Daredevil are excellent.  I was never a huge fan of the character, but I get the feeling of him that I remember.

I'm especially fond of how they've done Kingpin.  He has the look -- although naturally not the exaggerated proportions of the comics.  He feels casually dangerous, but when he takes matters into his own hands, he's a truly deadly and merciless adversary.

Foggy Nelson is a nice light addition.  It's something Marvel has been doing extremely well since Iron Man, and it keeps right on coming here.  Karen Page is a mystery, and an interesting character.  As I said, I wasn't a huge fan of the comics, so I don't know her backstory.  I barely know Foggy's name, as a matter of fact.  There's probably something deep and dark about her in the comics that they're leading up to, but don't tell me LOL

The costume is yet another Marvel hallmark, evoking the comic image while looking modern and practical.

Long story short -- go watch it.