Ultron No-spoiler thoughts

First things first:  The movie doesn't feel anywhere near as long as its run time.

Second, I will be going to watch it again next week.  It's going to be well worth a second viewing, and doing so in a theater that isn't as full will enhance my experience dramatically.  I was running late, had a crap seat, and having a bunch of people around me makes me want to pace like a caged panther.

Despite that, I still enjoyed it thoroughly.

Tuesday's episode of Agents of Shield?  It's a direct lead-in to the start of the movie :D  I could have potentially seen the Coulson/Maria Hill scenes as the opening of the movie, similar to how the first Avengers started with Shield.

Overall opinion:  It's a toss-up with the first Avengers film, I believe.  That ties it with Guardians of the Galaxy.  Winter Soldier to me is still the #1 film of the MCU.

Everybody's in it.  War Machine gets to see action for the first time outside the Iron Man trilogy.  They take the time to cover something people have been saying about all the solo movies, as well.

The humor you always expect from a Marvel movie is there, and even references some of the moments in the first Avengers film.

I don't see one of the criticisms that I've heard despite trying to avoid any and all spoilers.  Some critics are saying it's too much of a setup for upcoming Marvel films.  Doesn't feel that way to me at all.  The elements are there, but they're well done and don't overwhelm the main Ultron storyline.

Hawkeye gets some brilliant moments in this.  Joss said it was also supposed to be a lot about the Hulk -- or rather Banner -- but I think Hawkeye shines more.  There's a big surprise about Hawkeye that is going to surprise some people making speculations about a certain something *laugh*  Can't really say more than that in a no-spoiler post.

Speaking of which, I think I may as well close this out.  There's not much more I can say without spoiling the movie.

And, with that, I'm going to watch a couple of the reviews I've been avoiding now. :)